Facilities - Football Memorial Stadium - Game Day Traffic Pattern
Expect traffic congestion on football gamedays due to construction on the 45/46 Bypass and other Bloomington roadways. TO AVOID DELAYS, ARRIVE EARLY! PARKING LOTS OPEN A MINIMUM OF 5 HOURS PRIOR TO KICKOFF. GAMEDAY TRAFFIC PATTERNS GO INTO EFFECT A MINIMUM OF 2 HOURS PRIOR TO KICKOFF.
Due to construction on several major Bloomington thoroughfares, we encourage you to plan ahead, arrive early and carefully plan your route to Memorial Stadium. In the interest of improving flow into stadium lots, we also request you purchase a parking permit in advance from the IU Athletics Ticket Office (866-IUSPORTS).
You can stay up to date on the construction and plan your route to Memorial Stadium by viewing the IU 45/46 Bypass Construction Updates or by following @IUBPublicSafety on Twitter.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES TO MEMORIAL STADIUM
To avoid delays due to construction, plan to arrive early and consider one of these alternative routes.
We encourage fans to tailgate early at Memorial Stadium and experience beautiful autumn Saturdays in Bloomington. To accommodate early arrivers, parking lots will be opened a minimum of five hours prior to kickoff, Hoosier Village will be open three hours before kickoff, and children will get an opportunity to enjoy the Kid Zone and Knothole Park 90 minutes before the start of the game.
View a larger version of the Alternative Routes map or download the Alternative Routes to Memorial Stadium PDF .
||PRE-GAME TRAFFIC PATTERN
Due to the construction schedule, this traffic pattern may be modified at the discretion of law enforcement agencies. View a larger version of the Pre-game Traffic Pattern map or download the Traffic Pattern PDF .
- Heavy traffic congestion is expected. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY.
- Parking lots open a minimum of 5 hours prior to kickoff each game.
- One-way traffic patterns will go into effect a minimum of 2 hours prior to kickoff each game.
- The 45/46 Bypass is scheduled to remain two-way to the stadium. However, westbound traffic will not be allowed to turn southbound onto Fee Lane. Westbound traffic will also be prohibited from entering gates 11 & 10.
- Coming from the East? Please refer to Alternative Routes to Memorial Stadium for route options to the Athletics Complex from the South.
- 17th Street will be one-way east from N. College Avenue to Fee Lane (two lanes).
- Dunn Street will be one-way north from 17th Street to the 45/46 Bypass (two lanes).
||POST-GAME TRAFFIC PATTERN
Due to the construction schedule, this traffic pattern may be modified at the discretion of law enforcement agencies. View a larger version of the Post-game Traffic Pattern map or download the Traffic Pattern PDF .
- Please be patient when exiting the Stadium.
- Follow instructions provided by law enforcement assisting with post-game traffic.
- The 45/46 Bypass will be one-way west from Fee Lane to Walnut Street.
- Dunn Street will be one-way south from the 45/46 Bypass to 17th Street (two lanes).
- 17th Street will be one-way west from Fee Lane to College Avenue (two lanes).