David Hughes Up Close
Senior David Hughes has stepped in to become Indiana's starting third baseman in 2004. Hughes is in his second season at IU after playing at Morehead State as a freshman and sophomore. The Elizabethtown, Ky., native is hitting .254, has scored 10 times and driven in 13 runs. Against Chicago State on March 24, Hughes hit two home runs. He finished the game 3-for-6 and had five RBI.
A sport marketing major at IU, Hughes is one of eight senior captains for the Hoosiers. To learn more about David off the field, read on...
Click Here! for Hughes' Complete Bio
1. The best thing about playing baseball at Indiana is:
2. The thing that impresses me most about the coaching staff is:
Their dedication and work ethic
3. I came to Indiana because:
I wanted to be in a program that would push me to improve as a player and person
4. Who were you rooting for in this season's MLB playoffs?
5. What is the most memorable moment of your athletic career?
Throwing a no-hitter in high school
6. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
George Bush; because it would be interesting to be the leader of our country
7. National League or American League?
8. What position did you play on your first little league baseball team?
9. Which other IU team is your favorite to watch?
10. What advice would you give to a little kid who dreams of being a Division I baseball player?
You can reach your goals by simply outworking those around you
11. What hidden talent do you possess?
I can fly a kite like no other
12. What is something interesting that people don't know about you?
I am untouchable in backgammon
13. Briefly explain any pregame ritual you have.
Throw with the same person before each game
14. My hero growing up was:
15. What is your dream job?
Owning my own business
16. Do you have any family members who played a sport in college or professionally? Please be specific (include names and teams played for)
My dad played baseball at Murray State
Check back soon