Joe Kemp Up Close
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- After missing the 2003 season due to injury, Joe Kemp has returned as a staple in the IU lineup in 2004. Kemp has held a starting position all season long, in either right field or at first base. A junior from Bowie, Md., he is currently hitting .329 overall and leads the Hoosiers with 13 doubles and four triples. Kemp has also belted six home runs and owns a .567 slugging percentage. To learn more about Joe off the field, read on...
1. The best thing about playing baseball at Indiana is:
Forming lifelong friendships with my teammates and coaches
2. The thing that impresses me most about the coaching staff is:
Their desire to be the best
3. I came to Indiana because:
I wanted to compete in the Big Ten and receive an excellent education
4. Who were you rooting for in this season's MLB playoffs?
5. What is the most memorable moment of your athletic career?
Playing in Puerto Rico during high school
6. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
Bam Magera; he is funny and gets paid for doing outrageous stunts
7. National League or American League?
8. What position did you play on your first little league baseball team?
9. Which other IU team is your favorite to watch?
10. What advice would you give to a little kid who dreams of being a Division I baseball player?
Work hard and never give up
11. What hidden talent do you possess?
I don't have any hidden talents
12. What is something interesting that people don't know about you?
That I am from Maryland
13. Briefly explain any pregame ritual you have.
I keep to myself and remain focused
14. My hero growing up was:
Cal Ripken Jr.
Professional baseball player
Check back soon