Postgame Notes - Indiana vs. Wisconsin
Jan. 14, 2014
Indiana vs. Wisconsin
Jan. 14, 2014
• Indiana beats Wisconsin for the first time since a 71-66 victory at Assembly Hall on Jan. 31, 2007. The Hoosiers lead the all-time series 95-66.
• The Hoosiers victory is their first against a ranked top-10 team since they beat Michigan on March 10, 2013, and first over a top-5 since beating Michigan State on Feb. 19, 2013.
• With the victory, Indiana breaks the Badgers 16 game-wining streak and gives Wisconsin their first loss of the season (16-1).
• The Hoosiers have won six games against teams ranked in the Top 10 of the Associated Press Poll in the last two years (Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan and Wisconsin) and are 6-1 against Top-10 teams over the last two years.
• Since 2011-12, the Hoosiers have nine wins against Top-10 teams and six against Top-5 teams.
• For the seventh game this season Indiana had four players score in double-figures and are 7-0 when that happens.
• Since 2011-12 Indiana is 68-21 (.764 winning pct.) and 45-4 at Assembly Hall.
• After Wisconsin went ahead, 52-42, with 13:28 left in the second half, IU went on a 12-0 run over the next 4:30 to take a 54-52 lead.
• The Hoosiers totaled 52 points in the paint, the fifth game this season they have recorded at least 50 points in the paint.
• Indiana shot 51.6 percent from the field, the seventh time this season the Hoosiers have shot 50 percent or better. Indiana is 7-0 in those games.
• The Hoosiers outrebounded Wisconsin 33-28 and have outrebounded opponents in 16 of 17 games this season.
• Sophomore Kevin Yogi Ferrell led the Hoosiers with 25 points, his sixth game this season scoring 20 or more points. Ferrell also added four assists.
• Senior Will Sheehey scored 13 points to go along with six rebounds, three assists and one steal.
• Freshman Stanford Robinson scored a season-high 13 points, including five points in the last 3:19 of the game. He also pulled down five rebounds.
• Freshman Noah Vonleh scored 13 points, his 12th game in double figures this season. Vonleh also grabbed six rebounds, dished out three assists and tied a season-high with four blocked shots.
• Graduate transfer Evan Gordon scored eight points and tied a career-high (including games at Liberty and Arizona State) with six assists. He also contributed four rebounds and two steals.
Check back soon