Postgame Notes - Indiana at Iowa
Jan. 23, 2011
* Indiana still leads the all-time series with the Hawkeyes 94-72.
* With Verdell Jones III sitting out the game with a knee injury, freshman Will Sheehey was inserted into the starting lineup (his first career start) along with Christian Watford, Jeremiah Rivers, Jordan Hulls and Tom Pritchard.
* The Hoosiers claimed 17 offensive rebounds, the 13th time this season they have reached double figures. The 17 ties for the second most offensive boards by the Hoosiers this season.
* The 17-for-20 (.850) effort at the free throw line is the fourth time in the last five games that IU has shot 80 percent or better from the free throw line.
* The eight 3-point field goals made is the most by the Hoosiers since 12/31/2011 against Ohio State (five games).
* IU assisted on 16 of 26 made field goals in the game.
* The 30 points scored by Christian Watford is a career high and the most by a Hoosier since Maurice Creek poured in 31 points against Kentucky on Dec. 12, 2009. He was 7-for-7 at the free throw line, the ninth time this season he has been perfect from the charity stripe in a game.
* Watford, the Alabama native finished the game 10-for-20 from the field, the second-most made field goals by an IU player this season (Verdell Jones III - 12 FG vs. Wright State, 11/14/2010).
* Sophomore forward Derek Elston registered 10 points and 12 rebounds for his first career double-double. The 12 rebounds is also a new career-high for the Tipton, Ind., native.
* Matt Roth came off the bench to score a season-best 14 points on 4-for-12 shooting from behind the three-point line. It is the most points for Roth in a game since Dec. 19, 2010, when he nailed four triples on his way to 14 points against South Carolina State. He also added a career-high three assists and 12 field goal attempts.
* Sheehey finished with four points and two rebounds in his first career start in addition to two steals and a assist.
* Jordan Hulls had seven points and four assists.
* Jeremiah Rivers dropped in eight points, grabbed three boards while dishing out four assists.
Check back soon