Postgame Notes - Indiana at No. 25 Michigan State
Jan. 30, 2011
Indiana Postgame Notes
* Indiana holds a 65-48 advantage in the all-time series against Michigan State
* Five different Indiana players scored in double figures for the second time this season. Six Hoosiers reached double figures in the win against Northwestern State on Nov. 26, 2010.
* The 83 points scored by Indiana is the most against Michigan State since an 83-65 win on Jan. 8, 2002 in Bloomington. It is the most points an IU team has scored in East Lansing since they scored 97 points on March 5, 1986.
* Victor Oladipo was 5-for-5 from the field, the first time an IU player was perfect from the field with a least five attempts since Jeremiah Rivers was 6-for-6 against Ole Miss in Puerto Rico on Nov. 19, 2009.
* The last time Indiana played an overtime game was Jan. 17, 2010 in Assembly Hall against Minnesota and went on to win 81-78. The last overtime game on the road was March 9, 2008 at Penn State (lost, 68-64).
* The seven first half 3-pointers made by the Hoosiers is tied for the second-most made in a half this season. Indiana was 7-of-8 in the first half against SIU Edwardsville on Dec. 17, 2010. The best output in a half this year is 8 made 3-point field goals against Florida Gulf Coast in the season opener.
* The Hoosiers finished with 11 made 3-point field goals is the second most this season, trailing the 14 made against Florida Gulf Coast on Nov. 12, 2010.
* With its 11 offensive rebounds, Indiana reached double figures for the 14th time this season. It marked the 54th time under Head Coach Tom Crean IU has reached double figures in offensive boards .
* Indiana trailed 7-9 with 16:32 left in the first half after a layup by Durrell Summers but proceeded to embark on a 17-5 run to take a 24-14 lead with 12:28 left.
* Christian Watford led the Hoosiers with 21 points - his fifth career game with 20+ points. It is also the 42nd time in his career that he has reached double figures in scoring. The Birmingham, Ala., native also snatched five rebounds.
* Jordan Hulls went 4-for-4 at the free throw line on Sunday to run his consecutive made free throw streak to 26. The Indiana single-season record for consecutive free throws made is 38 by Pat Graham during the 1990-91 season.
* Hulls finished the game with 17 points, four rebounds, four assists and one steal in 39 minutes of play.
* Freshman guard Victor Oladipo had 11 points in the game on Sunday on 5-for-5 shooting from the floor. In the last four games combined, Oladipo had scored just 11 points.
* Senior Jeremiah Rivers scored 10 points, grabbed four rebounds and handed out three assists. It is the first time he scored double figures this season and the first time since Feb. 20, 2010.
* Matt Roth was 4-for-5 from behind the arc for his 12 points. It is the second time in the last three games that Roth has made four triples in a game and the third time overall this season.
* Freshman forward Will Sheehey was active with eight points, two rebounds, an assist and two steals.
* Tom Pritchard scored just two points but led the team with seven rebounds and also dished out three assists and blocked a pair of shots.
* Daniel Moore provided energy off the bench in limited minutes with two assists, one rebound and one steal in four minutes.
Check back soon