Postgame Notes - Indiana vs. Purdue
Feb. 4, 2010
Indiana vs. Purdue
- Down 66-61, the Hoosiers went off on an 8-0 run to take a 69-66 lead, capped by a 3-point basket from Jordan Hulls. It was Hulls' second basket of the game, both of which were three-pointers (2-2).
- Indiana's 47 first-half points are a season high. The Hoosiers' 75 points are the most they've scored in a regulation Big Ten game this season. Indiana had 81 points in an overtime victory over Minnesota.
- Indiana held Purdue to just 18 percent shooting (2-11) from the 3-point line in the second half, and 31 percent (6-19) for the game.
- The Hoosiers were 50 percent (8-16) from three-point range. It is the third time this season IU has been 50 percent or better from deep (Howard, George Mason) and the first time in conference action.
- Indiana's bench outscored the Boilermakers' bench by a 20-12 margin. The Hoosiers also won the battle in the paint, 32-26.
- Trailing 26-24 with 9:41 remaining in the first half, IU went on a 12-2 run to take 36-28 lead with 5:21 to play.
- Indiana and Purdue were tied six times in the first half, with the lead changing hands four times. Over the course of the game the teams were knotted 10 times, with seven lead changes.
- The Hoosiers were 11-for-13 (.846) from the free-throw line in the first half. Christian Watford was 4-for-4, while Verdell Jones III was 3-for-3. Indiana went to the line just five times in the second half, a season low.
- The Hoosiers have shot 70 percent or better at the stripe in four straight games.
- Indiana shot 51 percent (16-31) from the field in the first half. IU started the half hot from 3-point range, going 3-for-5.
- Verdell Jones III led the Hoosiers with 22 points, 13 of which came in the second half. Jones III also had six rebounds and four assists. It is the eighth time this season Jones has led the Hoosiers in scoring. He has topped 20 points six times this season and seven times in his last 10 games against Big Ten foes.
- Tom Pritchard topped his season high with 13 points in the first half. Pritchard was 6-of-7 from the field in the game to go along with five rebounds and played a season high 36 minutes.
- Bobby Capobianco recorded his second career 3-point basket, with the bucket tying the game at 17-all. His other three-pointer came in the win over Minnesota.
- Derek Elston earned the start for a second straight game, his fourth start this season. He had four points and five rebounds in 21 minutes. The 21 minutes played is a career high in Big Ten games for Elston.
- Christian Watford opened the game with a three and had the first five points for IU. He finished the game with nine points and eight rebounds in 23 minutes of action.
- Devan Dumes finished with 11 points, seven of which came in the second half. The senior shot 4-of-7 from the field.
- Jeremiah Rivers had a perfect night from the free-throw line, going 3-for-3. He added four assists, a block and a steal to go along with seven points.
- Bawa Muniru played two minutes, grabbing a key defensive rebound for the Hoosiers.
Check back soon