Postgame Notes - Wisconsin at Indiana
Feb. 19, 2009
Indiana Postgame Notes
* The Big Ten Conference all-time leading scorer, and IU alum, Calbert Cheaney was the honorary captain for the game and was presented a gameball prior to tipoff from head coach Tom Crean.
* For the second consecutive game, Tom Pritchard scored the first points of the game for the Hoosiers. Against Illinois, Pritchard sank a pair of free throws and tonight against Wisconsin he took a feed from Devan Dumes for an easy layup.
* The Hoosiers made 15 of their first 16 free throws and started 11-for-11 before the first miss.
* Indiana matched the Badgers on the boards, as both teams grabbed 28 caroms in the game.
* For the sixth time this season, the Hoosiers posted more fast break points than their opponents, outscoring the Badgers 7-0 on the break in the game.
* The Hoosiers also outscored the Badgers bench by a 15-7 margin, the 13th time this season the Hoosiers bench has outscored its opposition.
* Junior guard Devan Dumes was a perfect 9-for-9 from the free throw line tonight and finished with 12 points. He also grabbed three rebounds and handed out two assists in 30 minutes of action.
* Freshman Malik Story shot 5-for-8 from the field off the bench and joined Jones and Dumes in double figures with 11 points.
* Freshman guard Matt Roth matched his career high with four rebounds.
* Freshman Nick Williams scored four points off the bench and grabbed five rebounds.
* Freshman Tom Pritchard registered four points and five rebounds in 21 minutes of action against the Badgers.
* Senior Kyle Taber scored four points and pulled down four rebounds in his 24 minutes.
* Freshman forward Broderick Lewis posted a blocked shot for the second consecutive game he has played. His block of Wisconsin's Joe Krabbenhoft's shot in the lane later led to a shot clock violation.
Check back soon