Postgame Notes - Iowa at Indiana
Feb. 28, 2014
Indiana Postgame Notes
• Indiana's 93-86 victory over Iowa marked the 100th of the Tom Crean Era at IU. Crean has accumulated 290 career head coaching wins overall.
• Indiana's 93 points are the most in a Big Ten game this season and the most overall since posting 102 points against Washington on Nov. 21, 2013. The 49 first-half points are the most in a half in Big Ten play for IU this season. Last time Indiana had 49 points in a half against a conference foe was Feb. 13, 2013, at home against Nebraska (49 in second half).
• The Hoosiers had 10 players record at least two points in the game, it's the most since 13 players found the scorebook against Kennesaw State on Dec. 22, 2013.
• This is the Hoosiers third straight win over Iowa, dating back to Dec. 31, 2012, in Iowa City. It's also the third straight win in Assembly Hall against the Hawkeyes.
• The 42 bench points for IU are the most since the reserves scored 43 against Samford on Nov. 15, 2013.
• Senior forward Will Sheeheyscored a career-high 30 points, shooting 13-of-20 from the floor. He added four rebounds, three assists and a steal in 30 minutes played. His previous scoring best was 22 points twice. Sheehey has 48 career double-figure scoring contests, including four of 20 or more.
• Sheehey moved up to 44th place in school history with 1,058 career points, surpassing Jay Edwards's 1,038 career total.
• The last Hoosier to score 30 points was Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell at Illinois on Dec. 31, 2013.
• Freshman guard Stanford Robinsonnotched a new career high as well, pouring in 17 points on 5-of-6 shooting from the field and 7-of-10 from the free throw line. It marks his sixth game this season with double-figure points. Robinson also matched his career highs with three assists and two steals.
• Ferrell tallied eight points, four assists, two rebounds and two steals in 38 minutes played. He dropped in a pair of 3-pointers, the eighth consecutive game in which he's drilled multiple shots from long range and 23rd time this season.
• Redshirt sophomore forward Austin Etheringtonearned his third straight start and fourth of the season. He scored seven points and dished out a pair of assists.
• Graduate student guard Evan Gordoncarded 12 points, four rebounds, two assists and a block in 24 minutes of action.
• Sophomore forward Jeremy Hollowellchipped in seven points, four rebounds, two steals and an assist in a 16-minute stint.
• Freshman forward Devin Daviscontributed four points, two offensive rebounds and a block in eight minutes played.
• Freshman forward Noah Vonleh paced Indiana with five rebounds
Check back soon