Postgame Notes - Indiana vs. Bemidji State
Nov. 11, 2008
Indiana Postgame Notes
Indiana vs. Bemidji State (Exhibition)
Nov. 11, 2008
• The Hoosiers are 9-0 in exhibition games against lower-level opponents since the 2004-05 season.
• After Bemidji State cut the score to 37-36 by scoring the first 10 points of the second half, Indiana went on a 14-4 run to push the lead to 11 with 11:01 left.
• After hitting four of its first seven three-point field goals, the Beavers missed 13 straight long distance calls to finish 4-for-20 in the game beyond the arc.
• In two exhibition games, IU held its opponents to 21.2 percent from three-point range (11-for-52).
• The Hoosier bench outscored the Beavers 29-18 and IU held a 36-22 advantage in the paint, a 16-11 off of turnovers, a 14-7 margin in second chance points and 10-2 tally on the fast break.
• Freshman Tom Pritchard had 12 points, nine boards and three block while playing a team-high 30 minutes.
• Freshman Malik Story had 15 points, including 10 in the second half, and added seven rebounds in 19 minutes. He shot 57.1 percent (4-7) from beyond the arc in the team's two exhibition games.
• Freshman Nick Williams had 12 points and seven boards in 25 minutes of action. He has made 9-of-11 free throws in two games.
• Senior Kyle Taber returned to action after having a knee injury earlier this fall and had four points and nine rebounds in 15 minutes.
• Freshman Daniel Moore had five points and three assists in 18 minutes in leading the team on a 10 point run in the second half.
• Freshman Verdell Jones III had eight points and five boards in 25 minutes.
• Sophomore Brett Finkelmeier had two points and a steal in ten minutes and his defense in the second half, despite suffering a broken nose in the first half, also helped the Hoosiers break open a close game.
• Devan Dumes made his first three free throws to run his string of consecutive free throws to 13-for-XX in the two exhibition games.
• Redshirt sophomore Kipp Schutz had a free throw in six minutes. He joined the team last week from the IU baseball team.
Check back soon