Samford vs. Indiana Game Notes
Nov. 15, 2013
Indiana Postgame Notes
- The 105 points scored by Indiana are the most since scoring 107 points against Howard on Dec. 19, 2011.
- The 36 made field goals are the most for Indiana since Dec. 19, 2012, when they also made 36 against Mount St. Mary's.
- Indiana opened the game on a 28-7 run over the first 9:16, holding Samford to 3-of-18 shooting from the field
- The Hoosiers scored 54 points in the first half, the most in a half since putting up 55 against Florida Atlantic last year
- For the third consecutive game, the Hoosiers out-rebounded their opponent, hauling in 53 rebounds compared to 32 for Samford. Indiana is averaging 54.3 rebounds per game while opponents are grabbing just 34.3 per game.
- In the first half, IU had 11 different players score at least two points but no one reached double figures
- IU blocked 10 shots in the game, the second time this season the Hoosiers have registered at least 10 blocked shots (13 vs. Chicago State)
- Sophomore Kevin Yogi Ferrell set a new career high with 26 points to go with 3 rebounds and 6 assists. His previous career high was 19 points against Iowa on March 2, 2013.
- Ferrell's 26 points are the most by an Indiana player since Victor Oladipo poured in 26 points against Ohio State on Feb. 10, 2013.
- Freshman Noah Vonleh posted his third straight double-double to start the season (13 points, 10 rebounds). The last Hoosier to do that was D.J. White during the 2007-08 season. White had 13 points, 10 rebounds against UConn on Jan. 26, 2008, 22 points and 17 rebounds against Wisconsin on Jan. 31, 2008, and 26 points and 13 rebounds against Northwestern on Feb. 3, 2008.
- Sophomore Hanner Mosquera-Perea also set a new career high with eight points while also collecting five rebounds, one assist and one blocked shot.
- Freshman Troy Williams dropped in 10 points, snatched eight boards and came away with two steals.
- Graduate Student Evan Gordon chipped in with 10 points and added seven rebounds.
- Senior Will Sheehey finished with six points and three rebounds
- Sophomore Jeremy Hollowell tallied seven points, three rebounds, one assist, one block and one steal
- Redshirt sophomore Austin Etherington had one rebound, one assist and one steal
- Freshman Devin Davis played 14 minutes off the bench and finished with seven points, three rebounds, one block and one steal
- Senior Taylor Wayer hauled down a career-best two rebounds in one minute of action
- Freshman Stanford Robinson registered seven points in his nine minutes
- Freshman Collin Hartman played 10 minutes off the bench and had five points and three rebounds
- Freshman Luke Fischer played 11 minutes and had two points, three rebounds and three blocked shots
- Sophomore Peter Jurkin scored his first collegiate points, connecting on a pair of free throws and also blocking a shot
- Freshman Andrew Calomeris scored his first collegiate points on his only field goal attempt of the game.
Check back soon