Indiana vs. Notre Dame Post Game Notes
Nov. 25, 2008
Indiana Postgame Notes
- Indiana is now 8-5 all-time at the EA Sports Maui Invitational.
- Crean holds a 5-4 edge in his career against Notre Dame after compiling a 5-3 mark as the head coach at Marquette.
- The Hoosiers still lead the all-time ledger against the Fighting Irish with the series now standing at 47-21 in favor of IU.
- Indiana scored the first basket of the game for the first time this season. In the first two games, both Northwestern State and IUPUI got on the board first but the Hoosiers were able to pull out the win.
- The Hoosiers will play Saint Joseph's at 1:30 p.m. (Bloomington time). Indiana has a 2-1 edge in the series, but have not played the Hawks since 1984.
- Junior guard Devan Dumes was also in double figures in scoring with 10 points and was second on the team with five rebounds.
- Freshman forward Nick Williams was the third Hoosier to reach double digits in the scoring column against Notre Dame, scoring 10 points off the bench on 5-of-9 shooting.
- Freshman guard Verdell Jones III scored eight points off the bench and was a perfect 4-for-4 at the charity stripe.
- Freshman Malik Story had a season-high six points and made his first start of the season.
- Freshman Daniel Moore had two points and three assists in his first start of the season.
- Freshman Matt Roth made his first start of the season.
- Junior Tijan Jobe played a season-high nine minutes and had a season-best two boards.
Check back soon