Postgame Notes - Indiana vs. Evansville
Nov. 26, 2013
Indiana Postgame Notes
Nov. 26, 2013
Indiana 77, Evansville 46
• Since 2011-12 Indiana is 62-17, which is second in the Big Ten (.785 winning pct.) and 39-3 at Assembly Hall (third in the nation in that time frame).
• For the second time this season all 18 players on the Indiana roster played at least one minute (Samford).
• Tonight was the fourth time this season that the Hoosiers have led start to finish.
• For the third time this season Indiana had 13 players score at least one point (Evansville, Samford, Chicago State).
• The Hoosiers held Evansville to 29.1 percent shooting from the field, the third time this year they have held an opponent below 30 percent (Chicago State-25.9, Samford-29.9). Evansville entered the game shooting 56.6 percent from the field.
• Evansville entered the game averaging 90.2 points per game over their first five games and Indiana held them to 46 points tonight.
• Evansville made its first field goal at 13:53 in the first half, after Indiana scored the first 12 points of the game to take a 12-2 lead.
• For the second time this season the Hoosiers got 40 or more points from the bench, finishing with 41 against the Purple Aces (Samford-43).
• After Evansville cut the Indiana lead to 35-24 at the 17:49 mark of the second half, Indiana embarked on a 28-12 run over the next 12:34 to take a 63-36 lead.
• Senior Jeff Howard made his first career start and contributed with two points, a career-high three rebounds and one assist.
• Sophomore Jeremy Hollowell came off the bench to lead the Hoosiers with 18 points, including 8-of-9 from the free-throw line. He also added three rebounds, two steals and one assist.
• Hollowell’s 18 points off the bench led IU, marking the first time since Feb. 16, 2013, that an IU bench player led the team in scoring (Will Sheehey-22 points vs. Purdue).
• The 18 points for Hollowell are also the most for an IU bench player since Sheehey against Purdue last season.
• Freshman Noah Vonleh recorded his fifth double-double of the season with 13 points and 12 rebounds, connecting on 5-of-6 field goals.
• Sophomore Kevin “Yogi” Ferrell notched his seventh consecutive double-digit scoring game with 10 points. He also added two assists and two rebounds.
• Senior Will Sheehey had a complete game with six points, five rebounds, three assists, two steals and one blocked shot.
• Senior Evan Gordon scored six points shooting a perfect 6-of-6 from the free-throw line. The last player be perfect from the free-throw line was Christian Watford on 11/15/12 against Sam Houston State.
• Freshman Troy Williams tallied five points and grabbed six rebounds, while adding two assists.
• Sophomore Hanner Mosquera-Perea scored six points and pulled down seven rebounds.
• Redshirt sophomore Austin Etherington doubled his season numbers as he came in with four points and three rebounds and contributed four points and three rebounds for the Hoosiers.
• Sophomore Peter Jurkin had three rebounds and one blocked shot in two minutes.
Check back soon