Indiana at Wisconsin- Postgame Notes
Oct. 27, 2007
Indiana vs. Wisconsin Game Notes
- Marcus Thigpen's 16-yard kickoff return in the first quarter put him over 1,000 kickoff return yards in his career. He is just the sixth player in IU history to surpass 1,000 kickoff return yards.
- Tracy Porter's interception in the end zone in the first half is the 14th of his career and fourth this season. The 14 interceptions keep him in second place, five behind Tim Wilbur's (1978-1982) 19 career interceptions. It is also the second consecutive season Porter has picked off four passes.
- Austin Starr's 49-yard field goal with 51 seconds left in the first half was his career long and 13th consecutive made field goal. He is now 16-of-17 on field goals this season and 28-32 in his career. He is also 8-for-8 on field goals from 40-plus yards this season and 9-for-9 in his career.
- The Hoosiers have forced a turnover in each game this year and have 22 on the season to match last year's total. They have also forced at least one turnover in 22 of their last 23 games.
- Wide receiver Andrew Means' nine receptions set a new career high.
- Linebacker Adam McClurg recorded 11 tackles, matching a career high.
- Linebacker Will Patterson tied his career high set last week against Penn State with 13 tackles.
- Indiana falls to 0-4 when they commit more turnovers that their opponent after committing five against Wisconsin's two.
- Greg Middleton's second sack of the game in the fourth quarter gives him 11.5 on the year to move into second place on the single-season sacks list. The sack also gives the Hoosiers 36 on the year, tying the single-season sacks mark set in 1991 and 1993.
Check back soon