Feb. 23, 2012
Day 2 Update: Big Ten Men's Swimming and Diving Championships
Jim Barbiere went a career best 4:19.87 to win his heat and place fifth overall. Tyler Shedron raced to a career time of 4:21.80, putting him 10th. Ryan Hinshaw's NCAA B cut of 4:22.33 was good for 12th. Andrew Taylor was fifth in the same heat, topping his previous best with a time of 4:22.81 and qualifying for the consolation final in 15th. John Schnittker set a career time of 4:25.14, finishing 22nd. Alex Kotliarsky was 1/100th of a second off his career best, finishing 23rd in a time of 4:25.36. Ryan Downey won his heat in 4:26.43, a new career best by nearly five seconds and more than 12 seconds faster than his seed time. That was good for 27th. Patrick Scally finished 40th with a time of 4:31.09. Ian Boggs was fourth in his heat and 47th overall with a career time of 4:34.21.
200 Individual Medley
Cody Miller qualified fourth overall for tonight's championship final with a career time of 1:46.12. Sam Trahin topped his previous career best with a time of 1:47.42, putting him 13th heading into the consolation final. Mike Hurley also touched in a career-best time (1:48.42), finishing 18th. Nicholas Schwab went a career best 1:49.76, finishing 26th.
Daniel Kanorr earned a spot in the championship final with a time of 19.89, the first time Kanorr has gone under 20 seconds in a 50 free race. That placed him tied for seventh. Matt Gerth went a career best 20.66 to finish 46th. James Wells posted a time of 20.69, putting him 48th in the field.
5. Jim Barbiere - 4:19.87 (career best, NCAA B cut)
10. Tyler Shedron - 4:21.80 (career best, NCAA B cut)
12. Ryan Hinshaw - 4:22.33 (NCAA B cut)
15. Andrew Taylor - 4:22.81 (career best, NCAA B cut)
22. John Schnittker - 4:25.14 (career best, NCAA B cut)
23. Alex Kotliarsky - 4:25.36
27. Ryan Downey - 4:26.43 (career best)
40. Patrick Scally - 4:31.09
47. Ian Boggs - 4:34.21 (career best)
200 Individual Medley
4. Cody Miller - 1:46.12 (career best, NCAA B cut)
13. Sam Trahin -1:47.42 (career best, NCAA B cut)
18. Mike Hurley - 1:48.42 (career best, NCAA B cut)
26. Nicholas Schwab - 1:49.76 (career best)
7. Daniel Kanorr - 19.89
46. Matt Gerth - 20.66 (career best)
48. James Wells - 20.69