Jan. 23, 2009
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The Indiana men’s tennis team opened a three game road trip in New Mexico on Friday. The Hoosiers had very little trouble in their opening matchup, sweeping New Mexico Military Institute 7-0.
The Hoosiers were led by freshman Maxime Armengaud and senior Peter Antons, who combined to win three matches, dropping just two games in the process. The duo won the number two singles match 8-1, and Armengaud defeated Justin Romero 6-0, 6-1. Antons didn’t drop a single game in his thrashing of Dustin Henslee.
The Hoosiers continue play on Friday evening with a matchup with the University of New Mexico Lobos. For complete coverage of IU tennis, stay tuned to www.IUHoosiers.com.
1. Jeremy Langer/Santiago Gruter def. Roman Fulgenzi/Emilio Garcia, 8-0
2. Maxime Armengaud/Peter Antons def. Justin Romero/Daneric Hazelman, 8-1
3. Stephen Vogl/Will Kendall def. Marek Ondruj/Dustin Henslee, 8-2
1. Santiago Gruter def. Roman Fulgenzi, 6-3, 6-2
2. Will Kendall def. Marek Ondruj, 6-2, 7-5
3. Jonathan Schroeder def. Daneric Hazelman, 6-3, 6-3
4. Maxime Armengaud def. Justin Romero, 6-0, 6-1
5. Stephen Vogl def. Emilio Garcia, 6-0, 6-2
6. Peter Antons def. Dustin Henslee, 6-0, 6-0