Jan. 24, 2009
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Indiana moves to 4-1 in dual matches in 2009 after a loss to the 42nd ranked Lobos of the University of New Mexico. The Hoosiers fell by 4-3 tally.
Freshmen Will Kendall, Jeremy Langer and Jonathan Schroeder took victories in singles action, and sophomore Santiago Gruter and Langer combined for a victory at number two doubles.
Several matches were very close, as Langer won in a third set tie-breaker by a score of 17-15. At number three doubles, freshman Maxime Armengaud and Peter Antons fell in a tight tiebreaker, 9-8 (10-8).
The Hoosiers return to action on Saturday when they take on the Islanders of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. That match is slated for a 1 p.m. start and will be contested in Albuquerque, N.M. For complete coverage of Indiana tennis, stay tuned to www.IUHoosiers.com.
1. Johnny Parkes (NM) def. Lachlan Ferguson (IND) 6-1, 6-4
2. Graeme Kassautzki (NM) def. Santiago Gruter (IND) 6-2, 6-1
3. Miles Bugby (NM) def. Guy Kubi (IND) 6-3, 6-3
4. Jeremy Langer (IND) def. Ben Dunbar (NM) 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 17-15
5. Will Kendall (IND) def. Carl Ho (NM) 7-5, 6-3
6. Jonathan Schroeder (IND) def. Joe Wood (NM) 7-6 (4-7), 6-3
1. Johnny Parkes/Miles Bugby (NM) def. Lachlan Ferguson/Guy Kubi (IND) 8-4
2. Santiago Gruter/Jeremy Langer (IND) def. Graeme Kassautzki/Joe Wood (NM) 9-7
3. Ben Dunbar/Elliot Chang (NM) def. Peter Antons/Maxime Armengaud (IND) 9-8 (10-8)