Jan. 24, 2009
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The Hoosiers lost 4-3 in their third dual of the weekend, falling to the Islanders of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. Indiana picked up one doubles victory and three singles wins.
Sophomore Lachlan Ferguson and freshman Guy Kubi won the number two doubles match by a score of 8-7. Sophomore Santiago Gruter and freshmen Kubi and Jonathan Schroeder took home singles wins. Kubi won 4-6, 6-4, 10-3, winning the super tie breaker. Gruter and Schroeder won in straight sets.
The Hoosiers return to action on Jan. 30, when they take on the University of Washington in the National Indoor Qualifier. That matchup will take place in Athens, Ga., at 9 a.m. ET. For complete coverage of IU tennis, stay tuned to www.IUHoosiers.com.
1. Mikhail Pavlov/Dmitry Novikov (CC) def. Santiago Gruter/Jeremy Langer (IND) 8-4
2. Lachlan Ferguson/Guy Kubi (IND) def. James Langford/Pace (CC) 8-7
3. Laurent Montoisy/Jose Zunino (CC) def. Will Kendall/Stephen Vogl (IND) 8-3
1. Mikhail Pavlov (CC) def. Lachlan Ferguson (IND) 7-5, 6-4
2. Santiago Gruter (IND) def. Dmitry Novikov (CC) 6-3, 7-5
3. Laurent Montoisy (CC) def. Jeremy Langer (IND) 7-5, 6-2
4. Guy Kubi (IND) def. Jose Zunino (CC) 4-6, 6-4, 10-3 (super tie breaker)
5. Jaume Farras (CC) def. Will Kendall (IND) 6-3, 6-1
6. Jonathan Schroeder (IND) def. James Langford (CC) 7-5, 6-2