Feb. 2, 2014
NORMAN, Okla. – After splitting their matches on Friday night the No. 57 Indiana men’s tennis team had a quick turnaround traveling to Oklahoma and fell 4-0 against the No. 8 Sooners on Sunday.
The Hoosiers (2-4) lost the doubles point at No. 2 doubles (Sam Monette and Daniel Bednarczyk) on a close 6-5 match.
Indiana won the first set in two matches, but could not carry on the momentum and dropped three matches in straight sets to fall to Oklahoma.
Indiana will begin a stretch of nine straight home matches on Friday Feb. 7 as they welcome Xavier and Western Michigan.
1. Harris/Webb (OU) vs. Tasic/Lalic (IU) 5-4 DNF
2. Alcorta/Alvarez (OU) def. Monette/Bednarczyk (IU) 6-5
3. Papac/Siributwong (OU) def. Essick/Luganijic (IU) 6-2
1. Guillermo Alcorta (OU) def. Sven Lalic (IU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Axel Alvarez (OU) vs. Sam Monette (IU) 3-6, 6-3, 3-2 DNF
3. Dane Webb (OU) def. Dimitrije Tasic (IU) 6-5, 6-4
4. Andrew Harris (OU) def. Daniel Bednarczyk (IU) 6-5, 6-4
5. Peerakit Siributwong (OU) vs. Elliott Yee (IU) 3-6, 6-3 DNF
6. Alex Ghilea (OU) vs. Stefan Lugonjic (IU) 6-4, 5-5 DNF
Order of Finish
Doubles: 3, 2
Singles: 4, 1, 3*