March 2, 2013
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Indiana men's tennis (6-7) lost 4-3 playing on the road at No. 23 Harvard (7-4) on Saturday. The Hoosiers won at two, three and six singles as well as at one doubles.
In doubles, Sam Monette and Isade Juneau beat Casey MacMaster and Denis Nguyen 8-5 at number one, but the Crimson were able to win 8-6 at number two and 8-4 at number three to take the point.
In singles, Monette won at number two doubles, taking down Shaun Chaudhuri 6-4, 6-3, and Josh MacTaggartwon 7-5, 6-3 at number three over Alex Steinroder. The Crimson came charging back though, winning at one, four and five to clinch the match. Indiana's final point came at number six, where Chris Essick won 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4).
Harvard 4, Indiana 3
1. Sam Monette/Isade Juneau (IU) def. Casey MacMaster/Denis Nguyen (Harvard), 8-5
2. Andy Nguyen/Nicky Hu (Harvard) def. Josh MacTaggart/Daniel Bednarczyk (IU), 8-6
3. Alex Steinroeder/Kelvin Lam (Harvard) def. Elliot Yee/Chris Essick (IU), 8-4
1. Denis Nguyen (Harvard) def. Isade Juneau (IU), 6-4, 1-6, 6-3
2. Sam Monette (IU) def. Shaun Chaudhuri (Harvard), 6-4, 6-3
3. Josh MacTaggart (IU) def. Alex Steinroder (Harvard), 7-5, 6-3
4. Andy Nguyen (Harvard) def. Daniel Bednarczyk (IU), 6-4, 6-3
5. Nicky Hu (Harvard) def. Elliott Yee (IU), 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
6. Chris Essick (IU) def. Kelvin Lam (Harvard), 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4)
IU plays at Louisville this Wednesday. For complete coverage of all things IU men's tennis, stay tuned to IUHoosiers.com.