Hoosiers Three-Match Winning Streak Comes To An End Against 24th-Ranked
March 1, 1999Hoosiers Three-Match Winning Streak Comes To An End Against 24th-Ranked Notre Dame
Notre Dame, Ind.-The Hoosiers three-match winning streak was snapped today with a loss to 24th-ranked Notre Dame 4-2 in South Bend, Indiana. The Hoosiers picked up the doubles point, but were only able to win one out of the five singles matches.
The Hoosiers (7-3) took the early lead, as they captured the doubles point with two wins. Paul Jacobson and Milan Rakvica defeated Trent Miller and Matt Horsley 8-6 at No. 2. At No. 3, Ian Arons and Ricardo Jordan won their eighth straight match with a win over Aaron Talarico and Andy Warford 8-4.
Singles was a different story as the Hoosiers were only able to pick up one victory. Rakvica was victorious over Casey Smith 7-6,6-4. Ian Arons lost to the #2 player in the country Ryan Sacchire 6-4,6-1.
Indiana returns the court on Thursday, March 4, when the Hoosiers travel to Kentucky for a 1:00 p.m. match.
Indiana vs Notre Dame Winner Score
1. Ian Arons vs Ryan Sachire ND 6-4,6-1
2. Gabriel Montilla vs Brian Patterson ND 6-4,3-6,6-4
3. George McGill vs Matt Daly ND 6-2,7-5
4. Paul Jacobson vs Andrew Laflin ND 6-3,6-4
5. Milan Rakvica vs Casey Smith IU 7-6,6-1
6. Rahman Smiley vs Andy Warford --- DNF
1. Montilla/ vs Patterson/ ND 8-5
2. Jacobson/ vs Trent Miller/ IU 8-6
Rakvica Matt Horsley
3. Arons/ vs Aaron Talarico/ IU 8-4
Check back soon