Hoosiers Fall To Kentucky 5-2
March 4, 1999 Hoosiers Fall To Kentucky 5-2
Lexington, KY.-The Hoosiers (7-4) dropped their second straight contest today, with a lose to Kentucky 5-2. Kentucky won all three doubles matches to gain the point and four out of the six singles matches.
After losing the three doubles matches, the Hoosiers had to win four out of the six singles matches to win the match. After losing the first two positions in straight sets, the Hoosiers took the last four matches into a third set. Milan Rakvica and Paul Jacobson were able to pick up wins at the No. 4 and No. 5 positions. Rakvica defeating Gustav Pousette 6-4,5-7,6-3 and Jacobson defeating Johan Grunditz 6-1,6-7,6-2. George McGill and Rahman Smiley, both were not able to win the third set. McGill losing to Edo Bawono 6-3,3-6,6-4 and Smiley losing to Tomas SMid 4-6,6-3,7-5.
The Hoosiers will be off now unitl March 18 when they travel down to Baton Rogue, Louisiana to face Louisiana State. They will also be in action on March 19 in Mobile, Alabama against South Alabama.
1. Carlos Drada (UK) def. Ian Arons (IU) 6-1,6-4
2. Johan Hesoun (UK) def. Gabriel Montilla (IU) 6-3,7-6
3. Edo Bawono (UK) def. George McGill (IU) 6-3,3-6,6-4
4. Milan Rakvica (IU) d. Sebastian Venjar (MS) 6-4,5-7,6-3
5. Paul Jacobson (IU) def. Johan Grunditz (UK) 6-1,6-7,6-2
6. Tomas Smid (UK) def. Rahman Smiley (IU) 4-6,6-3,7-5
1. Hesoun/Patrilk Johansson (UK) def. Montilla/Smiley (IU) 8-6
2. Bawono/Smid (UK) def. Rakvica/Jacobson (IU) 8-3
3. Drada/Grunditz (UK) def. Arons/Ricardo Jordan (IU) 8-6
Check back soon