Three Days, Three Wins
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The No. 62 Indiana men's tennis team picked up its third win in as many days with a 7-0 victory over Vincennes on Monday afternoon. The Hoosiers improve to 7-8, while the Blazers dip to 2-4 on the year.
"Three days, three wins. The guys gave a good effort and showed a lot of discipline and concentration," Indiana head coach Ken Hydinger said. "We got a lot of work in, and that was our goal. I think we have made the adjustment from inside to outside and are ready for Big Ten play."
The team of junior Neil Kenner and freshman Dara McLoughlin won the first doubles contest of the day, 8-0, against freshmen Jose Gonzalez and Mark Hanna at No. 3. Kenner and McLoughlin earned their first win of the spring as a doubles team.
IU secured the tandem point as senior Jakub Praibis and junior Dmytro Ishtuganov won at No. 2, 8-2, over freshman Jeffrey Morys and sophomore Jeremy Doualot. The IU pair, ranked 57th in the nation, is now 14-4 overall and 12-3 on the spring.
Junior John Stone and senior Ryan Recht completed the Cream and Crimson sweep with a win at the top position, 8-3, versus sophomores Alican Seren and Dmytro Hryhorash. The duo is now 10-8 on the year.
In singles action, Praibis, ranked 56th the country, won 6-0, 6-4 over Hryhorash at No. 1, sophomore David Bubenicek bested Seren, 6-3, 6-4, at No. 2, and Kenner upended Morys, 7-6 (4), 7-6 (1), at No. 3,
Completing the singles sweep: Ishtuganov captured a victory at No. 4, 6-3, 6-1, over Gonzalez, Stone downed Doualot, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 5, and senior Tom Bagnato earned a 6-1, 6-4 conquest over Hanna at No. 6.
The Hoosiers will return to the courts at home this Saturday, March 26, against No. 57 Purdue. The match is slated to begin at 2 p.m.
#62 Indiana 7, Vincennes 0
IU Varsity Courts
1. #56 Jakub Praibis (IU) def. Dmytro Hryhorash (VIN) 6-0, 6-4
2. David Bubenicek (IU) def. Alican Seren (VIN) 6-3, 6-4
3. Neil Kenner (IU) def. Jeffrey Morys (VIN) 7-6 (4), 7-6 (1)
4. Dmytro Ishtuganov (IU) def. Jose Gonzalez (VIN) 6-3, 6-1
5. John Stone (IU) def. Jeremy Doualot (VIN) 6-1, 6-2
6. Tom Bagnato (IU) def. Mark Hanna (VIN) 6-1, 6-4
1. Ryan Recht/John Stone (IU) def. Dmytro Hryhorash/Alican Seren (VIN) 8-3
2. #57 Jakub Praibis/Dmytro Ishtuganov (IU) def. Jeremy Doualot/Jeffrey Morys (VIN) 8-2
3. Neil Kenner/Dara McLoughlin (IU) def. Mark Hanna/Jose Gonzalez (VIN) 8-0
Indiana 7-8; National ranking #62
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (1,4,5,6,2,3)
Check back soon