Fla Relays Final Recap (03-27-04)
Gainesville, Fla.-- In the final day of the Florida Relays, junior Aarik Wilson successfully defended his title in the triple jump with a leap of 16.42m (53-10.50) and sophomore Ryan Ketchum also took home first-place honors in the shot put with a new personal best of 18.36m (60-03.00). Both of these marks qualify Wilson and Ketchum in the NCAA regional standards.
In other field events, Jake Wiseman placed sixth in the javelin with a throw of 60.80m (199-06.00) and Lauren Chesnut took a fifth-place finish in the triple jump competition with a leap of 12.44m (40-09.75). Casey Friske and David Stead took ninth and 10th place, respectively in the pole vault.
The IU women's 4x100m relay team made up of Karla Marshall, Ara Towns, Stacey Clausing and Michele Huber placed ninth with a time of 46.37. The 4x400 relay team finished 14th overall with a time of 3:49.41.
IU Finishers at Florida Relays:
1. Aarik Wilson 16.42m (53-10.50)*Regional Qualifying Jump
1. Ryan Ketchum 18.36m (60-03.00)* Personal Best & Regional Qualifying Throw
5. Mike Minton 16.99m (55-09.00) * Regional Qualifying Throw
6. Jake Wiseman 60.80m (199-06.00)
9. Casey Friske J4.73m (15-06.25)
10. David Stead 4.73 (15-06.25)
Check back soon