Setting the Pace with Freshman Nate Morrow
Sept. 15, 2008
Morrow posted personal bests of 15:32 in the 5K, 9:18 in the 3,200-meters and 4:21 in the 1,600-meters at DeKalb High School. The Auburn, Ind., native earned all-state track recognition during his senior season with a fifth-place finish in the 3,200. He was honored with top-25 state accolades during the cross country season in 2007. Morrow was a four-time cross country all-state and all-section selection and earned all-region and all-semi-state honors three times. He was named IATCCC all-state in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and was the conference and section individual champion in cross country as a junior and senior.
Morrow was a finalist for the Wendy's High School Heisman and was the KPC Newspapers Prep of the Year for cross country in 2006 and 2007, and for track in 2008. He was a four-time varsity letterwinner in cross country and earned one letter in track. He also played baseball at DeKalb.
Setting the Pace with Nate Morrow
2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
3. Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
5. Something that many people don't know about you is: I only ran one year of high school track. I competed in baseball for my first three years of high school before jumping to the track. However, I did compete in cross country all four years.
6. The teammate I most admire is who, and why?
7. Name one thing that you wish you were better at?
8. What makes Indiana special from any other program?
9. What do you like best about Coach Helmer?
10. What are your goals for this year?
Check back soon