The women's basketball program is accepting applications from students and prospective students to be women's basketball student managers. Student managers are a very important part of a collegiate athletic program and that is also true of the women's basketball program at Indiana University. Managers' responsibilities during the year include: practice court set-up and clean-up; recording statistics; recording/editing practice and game film and maintaining the locker room for both practice and games, in addition to other responsibilities as assigned by the coaching staff.
Student managers must also be able to balance their time between basketball and school. Managers will be expected to devote approximately 25 hours per week in season which is from mid-October through late March. Managers also spend approximately 15 hours per week working with the team while out of season.
Expectations of Women's Basketball Student Managers
* Must be a full time student, enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
* Must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
* Must follow all team rules.
Benefits of being a student manager
* The opportunity to continue to stay involved with basketball.
* The opportunity to be a part of a Division I and Big Ten athletic program.
* The opportunity to earn an athletic "I" letter award.
* The opportunity to earn a scholarship toward your college education.
* The opportunity to gain valuable work experience and a recommendation toward future employment.
* The opportunity to receive two complimentary game tickets for use by your family and friends to women's basketball games.
* The opportunity to travel with women's basketball team to road games.
* Receive women's basketball athletic apparel.
Applicants should contact Jeremiah Shirk at (812) 856-0769, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.