Feb. 21, 2013
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. -
Updates from morning prelims on day two of the 2013 Big Ten Women's Swimming and Diving Championships at the University Aquatic Center in Minneapolis, Minn.
The Hoosiers put three swimmers into tonight's 500 freestyle final, led by top seed Lindsay Vrooman. Vrooman posted a career-best time of 4:38.40. That is the third-fastest time in school history. Joining her is Taylor O'Brien, who qualified fourth overall with a career time of 4:42.78. Haley Lips joins them in the championship final in the eighth spot after she took second in her heat with a career time of 4:44.51. Madelon Webb knocked more than 10 seconds off her previous career best, tallying a time of 4:53.95 to finish fourth in her heat and 34th overall. Guinevere Vanden Noort went a career-best 4:54.93 to finish second in her heat and 38th overall. Shelby Carroll was also second in her heat, posting a time of 4:58.49 to place 46th in the rankings.
200 Individual Medley
Two Hoosiers will swim in the championship final of the 200 individual medley, led by Dorina Szekeres. Szekeres had the third-fastest time of the morning with a career best of 1:57.91. Brooklynn Snodgrass joins her as the sixth-fastest qualifier, putting up a career time of 1:59.19. Bronwyn Pasloski placed 18th (2:00.88), while Allie Day was 19th with a career time of 2:00.98. Brenna MacLean finished 30th (2:01.80), with Ashley Specht (48th-2:04.18) and Rachel Thompson (77th-2:07.12) putting up career-best times.
Sara Delay will represent the Hoosiers in the consolation final of the 50 freestyle, placing 15th with a time of 22.93. Siri Kristiansen placed 57th overall with a career-best time of 23.90, while Allie Lamberson also posted a career best, finishing 68th in 24.10.
1. Lindsay Vrooman - 4:38.40 (Career Best, NCAA B Cut, 3rd-fastest time in school history)
4. Taylor O'Brien - 4:42.78 (Career Best, NCAA B Cut)
8. Haley Lips - 4:44.51 (Career Best, NCAA B Cut)
34. Madelon Webb - 4:53.95 (Career Best)
38. Guinevere Vanden Noort - 4:54.93 (Career Best)
46. Shelby Carroll - 4:58.49
200 Individual Medley
3. Dorina Szekeres - 1:57.91 (Career Best, NCAA B Cut)
6. Brooklynn Snodgrass - 1:59.19 (Career Best, NCAA B Cut)
18. Bronwyn Pasloski - 2:00.88 (NCAA B Cut)
19. Allie Day - 2:00.98 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
30. Brenna MacLean (2:01.80)
48. Ashley Specht - 2:04.18 (Career Best)
77. Rachel Thompson - 2:07.12 (Career Best)
15. Sara Delay - 22.93 (NCAA B Cut)
57. Siri Kristiansen - 23.90 (Career Best)
68. Allie Lamberson - 24.10 (Career Best)