UPDATE: Day 3 of B1G Swim and Dive Championships
Feb. 22, 2013
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - Update from morning prelims on day three of the 2013 B1G Women's Swimming and Diving Championships at the University Aquatic Center in Minneapolis, Minn.
400 Individual Medley
Sophomore Dorina Szekeres enters the evening as the top seed in the 400 individual medley. Szekeres cruised to victory in her heat, winning in a career-best time of 4:10.98. Madeline Maher and Haley Lips went 3-4 in their heat, with Maher posting a career time of 4:18.25, and Lips right behind with her career best of 4:18.30. That put them in the consolation final in the 13th and 14th spots.
Justine Ress and Brenna MacLean earned spots in the 100 butterfly consolation final. Ress qualified 14th with a time of 54.07, a new career best for the sophomore. MacLean was the 15th overall qualifier with a time of 54.31. Alexis Bullard placed 36th with her career best of 55.91.
Cynthia Pammett qualified second for tonight's championship final in the 200 freestyle with a career-best time of 1:45.55. Joining her is Lindsay Vrooman who finished fifth overall in 1:46.14. Stephanie Armstrong will swim the consolation final with her time of 1:48.80 putting her 16th. Guinevere Vanden Noort posted a career best of 1:49.20 (21st), while Taylor O'Brien won her heat with a career time of 1:49.34, finishing 23rd. Sara Delay was second in her heat and 25th overall with a time of 1:49.60, while Madelon Webb was fourth in the same heat with a career best of 1:51.08 (46th). Allie Lamberson put up a career best of 1:55.20 (66th).
Ashley Specht came with in 9/100ths of a second of the school record, dipping below the 1-minute mark for the first time in her career with a time of 59.49. That puts her as the No. 2 qualifier in tonight's championship. Bronwyn Pasloski will also swim the championship final with her career time of 1:00.63 good for fifth. Siri Kristiansen (12th-1:02.23) and Madeline Maher (14th-1:02.42) are in the consolation final. Rachel Thompson (1:05.00) was 39th.
The 100 back final has a decidedly Hoosier flavor with three championship qualifiers, led by top finisher Brooklynn Snodgrass. Snodgrass went 52.06 in the morning, giving her an NCAA auto time. Cynthia Pammett was the fourth qualifier (53.22), with Justine Ress fifth (53.26). Allie Day is in the consolation final with a time of 53.85 this morning. Shelby Carroll put up a career best 55.74 to place 32nd, while Alexis Bullard was 43rd with her career time of 56.62.
400 Individual Medley
1. Dorina Szekeres - 4:10.98 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
13. Madeline Maher - 4:18.25 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
14. Haley Lips - 4:18.30 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
14. Justine Ress - 54.07 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
15. Brenna MacLean - 54.31
36. Alexis Bullard - 55.91 (Career Best)
2. Cynthia Pammett - 1:45.55 (Career Best, NCAA B Cut)
5. Lindsay Vrooman - 1:46.14 (NCAA B Cut)
16. Stephanie Armstrong - 1:48.80
21. Guinevere Vanden Noort - 1:49.20 (Career Best)
23. Taylor O'Brien - 1:49.34 (Career Best)
25. Sara Delay - 1:49.60
46. Madelon Webb - 1:51.08 (Career Best)
66. Allie Lamberson - 1:55.20 (Career Best)
2. Ashley Specht - 59.49 (Career Best; NCAA A Cut; 2nd fastest in school history)
5. Bronwyn Pasloski - 1:00.63 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
12. Siri Kristiansen - 1:02.23 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
14. Madeline Maher - 1:02.42 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
39. Rachel Thompson - 1:05.00 (Career Best)
1. Brooklynn Snodgrass - 52.06 (Career Best; NCAA A Cut)
4. Cynthia Pammett - 53.22 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
5. Justine Ress - 53.26 (NCAA B Cut)
10. Allie Day - 53.85 (Career Best; NCAA B Cut)
32. Shelby Carroll - 55.74 (Career Best)
43. Alexis Bullard - 56.62 (Career Best)
Check back soon