Oct. 12, 2012
ATHENS, Ga. - The Indiana women's tennis team finished up day one of the Bulldog Classic in Georgia on Friday afternoon.
No. 50 Leslie Hureau of IU won the first set against Georgia's No. 53 Lauren Herring before falling just short in three sets, 3-6, 6-3, 6-3. Indiana's Alecia Kauss also had a strong afternoon as she went to a third set with a nationally ranked opponent against No. 77 Li Xi of Virginia, but could not hold on as Xi won it, 2-6, 6-4, 6-3.
The Hoosiers will return to the courts on Saturday morning beginning at 10 a.m. ET.
Day 1 - Results
Friday, October 12
(30) Kate Fuller/Lauren Herring (UGA) def. Leslie Hureau/Sophie Garre (IU), 8-4
(50) Maho Kowase/Lily Kimbell (UGA) def. Alecia Kauss/Shannon Murdy (IU), 8-4
Erin Vierra/Macie Epstein (UVA) def. Carolyn Chupa/Katie Klyczek (IU), 8-3
Maria Fuccillo/Li Xi (UVA) def. Gabrielle Rubenstein/Jithmie Jayawickrema (IU), 8-5
(53) Lauren Herring (UGA) def. (50) Leslie Hureau (IU), 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
(37) Maho Kowase (UGA) def. Katie Klyczek (IU), 6-2, 7-5
(62) Kate Fuller (UGA) def. Jithmie Jayawickrema (IU), 6-3, 6-4
Makenzie Craft (UGA) def. Shannon Murdy (IU), 6-2, 6-0
(77) Li Xi (UVA) def. Alecia Kauss (IU), 2-6, 6-4, 6-3
Stephanie Nauta (UVA) def. Sophie Garre (IU), 6-2, 6-2
(103) Erin Vierra (UVA) def. Carolyn Chupa (IU), 6-0, 6-1
(99) Maria Fucillo (UVA) def. Gabrielle Rubenstein (IU), 6-3, 6-0