Oct. 14, 2012
ATHENS, Ga. - The Indiana women's tennis team finished day two of the Bulldog Classic at the University of Georgia on Saturday. IU's Leslie Hureau and Sophie Garre teamed up in doubles to pick up a win over a nationally ranked opponent.
Hureau and Garre topped the No. 41 nationally ranked duo of Li Xi and Stephanie Nauta of Virginia, 8-4. In singles, Hureau, currently ranked No. 50 in the nation, went the distance with UVa's Nauta before falling in a third set tiebreaker, 5-7, 6-4, 7-6 (3).
The Hoosier will wrap up the Bulldog Classic on Sunday morning. Play will begin at 10 a.m. ET.
Day 2 - Bulldog Classic
Saturday, October 13
Leslie Hureau/Sophie Garre (IU) def. (41) Li Xi/Stephanie Nauta (UVA) 8-4
Erin Vierra/Macie Epstein (UVA) def. Alecia Kauss/Shannon Murdy (IU) 8-6
(30) Kate Fuller/Lauren Herring (UGA) def. Carolyn Chupa/Katie Klyczek (IU) 8-6
(50) Maho Kowase/Lilly Kimbell (UGA) def. *Gabrielle Rubenstein (IU)/Maria Fuccillo (UVA) 8-1
*Split team IU/UVA
(37) Maho Kowase (UGA) def. Alecia Kauss (IU), 6-1, 6-1
(62) Kate Fuller (UGA) def. Sophie Garre (IU), 6-0, 6-1
(53) Lauren Herring (UGA) def. Carolyn Chupa (IU), 6-2, 6-0
Makenzie Craft (UGA) def. Gabrielle Rubenstein (IU), 6-1, 6-2
Stephanie Nauta (UVA) def. (50) Leslie Hureau (IU) 5-7, 6-3, 7-6 (3)
(77) Li Xi (UVA) def. Katie Klyczek (IU), 6-3, 6-3
Macie Epstein (UVA) def. Jithme Jayawickrema, 6-3, 6-4
(99) Maria Fuccillo (UVA) def. Shannon Murdy (IU), 7-6 (3), 6-2