Hoosiers Top Michigan 4-3
April 10, 1999 Hoosiers Top Michigan 4-3
Ann Arbor, MI-The #63 Hoosiers (8-9, 3-2 Big Ten) bounced back from two losses to top-20 teams to defeat Michigan 4-3.
The Hoosiers jumped out to an early 1-0 lead after winning the doubles point, with wins at the No. 1 and No. 3 positions. At No. 1, Kelly Blanch and Becky Wallihan defeated Brooke Hart and Jen Vaughn 8-5. At No. 3, Jessica Anderson and Amanda Field were victorious over Alison Sinclaire and Szandra Fuzesi 9-7.
Indiana and Michigan split the singles matches. At No. 1, Jessica Anderson came back to defeated Danielle Lund 0-6,6-2,6-2. Amanda Field defeated Jen Boylan 6-2,6-2, at No. 4. At No. 5, Ana Ceretto was victorious over Vaughn 6-4,6-1.
The Hoosiers will travel to face Michigan State tomorrow in East Lansing, Michigan. The match will begin at 10 a.m.
1. Jessica Anderson (IU) def. Danielle Lund (UM) 0-6,6-2,6-2
2. Brooke Hart (UM) def. Kelly Blanch (IU) 7-5,0-6,6-4
3. Szandra Fuzesi (UM) def. Zahra Ahamed (IU) 1-6,6-0,6-4
4. Amanda Field (IU) def. Jen Boylan (UM) 6-2,6-2
5. Ana Ceretto (IU) def. Jen Vaughn (UM) 6-4,6-1
6. Alison Sinclair (UM) def. Ann Poosuthasee (IU) 6-4,3-6,7-6
1. Blanch/Becky Wallihan (IU) def. Hart/Vaughn (UM) 8-5
2. Lund/Boylan(UM) def. Ahamed/Ceretto (IU) 8-0
3. Anderson/Field (IU) def. Sinclair/Fuzesi (UM) 9-7
Check back soon