Bloomington, Ind. Indiana concluded day two of the Hoosier Classic by winning both brackets of doubles, and as a team went undefeated in doubles.
Head coach Lin Loring was again pleased with the teams doubles play.
We played great again in doubles, Loring said. Karie and Linda are playing extremely well.
In the first flight of doubles, seniors Karie Schlukebir and Linda Tran defeated Rosenberg and McIver of Kansas State 8-2 to advance to the finals, where they defeated Castillejos and Simosa of Kansas State 8-1.
In the other doubles flight, freshmen Cecile Perton and Kara Zeder defeated Espinal and White of LSU 8-6 in the final to win that flight.
In other doubles action, junior Dora Vastag and freshman Laura McGaffigan won both their matches today to finish ninth.
Indiana won two of its singles matches. McGaffigan defeated Rachael Lask of Murray State 6-2, 6-5, and Zeder defeated LSUs Bonnie White 6-1, 6-4.
The good news in singles is that we were competitive in every match, Loring said. Now, we need to start winning the close matches. Every match we lost today, we were in a position to win.
Indiana Day Two Results
1) Victoria Domina (EMU) def. Linda Tran (IU) 7-6 (4), 6-2
2) Amanda Mang (LSU) def. Dora Vastag (IU) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (6)
3) Jennifer Hodgeman (Iowa) def. Sarah Batty (IU) Default
4) Laura McGaffigan (IU) def. Rachael Lask (Murray State) 6-2, 6-5
5) Yelena Olshanskaya (Missouri) def. Martina Grimm (IU) 6-4, 6-3
6) Hayley McIver (KSU) def. Karie Schlukebir (IU) 7-6 (6), 6-4
7) Casady Pruitt (Murray State) def. Cecile Perton (IU) 7-5, 0-6, 1-0 (7)
8) Kara Zeder (IU) def. Bonnie White (LSU) 6-1, 6-4