Setting the Pace with Freshman Caitlin Engel
Sept. 2, 2008
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - IUHoosiers.com will take a look at this year's newcomers on the Indiana women's cross country team.
First up is freshman Caitlin Engel. A native of Zionsville, Ind., Engel owns personal bests in the 400 (1:00) and in the 800 (2:16.47). She was a three-time all-state selection in track in the 4x800-meter relay at Zionsville High School, and was named the 2008 Most Outstanding Distance Runner. She was a track and field captain and an Indiana All-Star as a senior. Engel also helped the Zionsville soccer team earn state runner-up honors, while being honored as a sportsmanship award winner in 2006. She was a four-year letterwinner in track, and also earned two letters in soccer.
Setting the Pace with Caitlin Engel
2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
3. Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
5. Something that many people don't know about you is:
6. The teammate I most admire is who, and why?
7. Name one thing that you wish you were better at?
8. What makes Indiana special from any other program?
Indiana is a great program because it concentrates on the athletes. It bring the greatest coaches, trainers, and staff to help student athletes become the best they can be.
9. What do you like best about Coach Helmer?
10. What are your goals for this year?
Check back soon